Keeping your home clean is important, but you may find it difficult to gauge how often you should tackle certain household chores. On top of that, managing to squeeze them into your already hectic schedule can be a true challenge.
If you feel too stressed out and can’t handle everything on your own, call reliable Philly house cleaners. They will make your home squeaky clean once again, and you won’t need to worry about clutter affecting your life in any way.
Here is what you need to know to keep your home in perfect shape week after week:
How often should I do household chores?
How often you’ll need to clean your home depends on various factors. What’s more, not all household chores are the same. While you’ll definitely need to clean your bathroom at least once a week, you can dust your blinds every other week and still maintain a healthy living environment in your home.
Additionally, your lifestyle will also have an impact on how often certain chores will need to be performed. For instance, if you live alone and don’t spend much time at home, you won’t have to clean it that often. On the other hand, people with small children will probably have their hands full every day.
What chores need to be done daily?
These are a few of the daily household chores that should be a part of your regular maintenance routine:
- Washing the dishes. Nobody feels like washing the dishes immediately after they’ve had a hearty meal. However, leaving them in your sink for days until it’s about to explode is not a good solution since this will create a perfect environment for germs to thrive and multiply.
- Wiping all food preparing surfaces. Any kitchen equipment and surfaces used for food preparation should be sanitized daily. The same goes for your kitchen floor.
- Vacuuming high-traffic areas. Vacuuming every day may seem excessive, but if more than 4 live in a household, including children, it is definitely advisable. On top of that, people who have pets will need to vacuum their carpets more frequently because of animal dander that can provoke allergy attacks and other respiratory issues. You can also invest in quality HEPA filters in order to additionally improve the indoor air quality.
- Doing laundry. This is another unpopular household chore that needs to be regularly performed if you want to keep your home healthy and avoid piling up clutter and dirt.
What chores should be done weekly?
While certain household chores are pressing, others can be performed once a week. These include:
- Bathroom: Cleaning the toilet, shower and wiping down mirrors, shining faucets;
- Bedroom: Changing bed sheets, vacuuming carpets and dusting;
- Kitchen: Cleaning your fridge and microwave, emptying trash cans, dusting the kitchen shelves, disinfecting the floor more thoroughly;
- General Living Area: Sweeping floors, dusting, vacuuming carpets and rugs, as well as ensuring the tidiness of the space in general.
However, if you already have a lot on your plate and you’re struggling to balance between your career and household chores, contact the professional cleaners from your area. They know what parts of your home will require particular attention, so you’ll have nothing to worry about.
How long should I spend cleaning my house?
There is no rule saying how long you should spend cleaning your home. Whether you’ll finish everything in half an hour or 2 hours will depend on numerous factors, including the following:
- The size of your residence
- Your experience
- The type of cleaning products you use
- How thorough you want to be
- Whether your home has been regularly maintained so far, etc.
Certain studies suggest that the optimal time for doing a cleaning chore is around 20 minutes. These findings are based on the fact that this amount of time represents the average length of our attention span. In other words, if you want to complete your task efficiently and effectively, it’s best to set a 20 min time frame or divide more demanding chores into 20-minute-long chunks.
Hire the best Philly house cleaners and get a spotless home!
If you are tired of wasting every minute of your free time on cleaning chores, call EverGreen Maids. With our help, you’ll finally have enough time and energy to go hiking, take your children to the amazing Philadelphia Zoo, or go for a drink with your friends.
Besides offering standard and deep cleaning options, we specialize in post-construction and move-in/ move-out cleaning services. Our integrity, professionalism, and expertise have made us stand out from the crowd and are the reason why we have become the go-to company in Philly and beyond. We are here to help you live the best version of your life.