The bathroom is the area of your home that requires most of your attention when cleaning. Due to humidity, a lot of elbow grease and scrubbing is needed to successfully remove all that stubborn limescale and mildew, and the shower is the spot where most of the buildup ends up.
For a thorough cleaning of your bathroom, it’s easy to hire some of the excellent house cleaning services in Rittenhouse and Fitler Square, Philly, but you could do it yourself with the aid of some tricks that can make shower cleaning easier and more efficient. With the following tips at your hand, keeping your shower clean will be a breeze!
What is the best way to keep the shower clean?
For efficient cleaning of areas that are often exposed to high humidity, it’s necessary to use a cleaner specifically designed to remove soap scum, mold and limescale. You can easily find a commercial one, but you can also make an all-natural homemade cleaner with just a couple of ingredients.
For a general purpose shower cleaner, mix one-part white vinegar and one to two parts water. For more stubborn areas, use less diluted and even add a splash of dish soap to the solution for extra power. You will get a cleaning solution that’s great for disinfection and for removing build-up in your bathroom. Not only is this solution cheap and effective, but it’s also eco-friendly.
How do I keep my shower clean longer?
In order to keep your shower clean as long as possible, there are a few tips that will help you delay your next cleaning for as long as possible. Have a look at these easy steps:
- Before taking a shower. Open the bathroom window or turn on the vent fan and leave open/on during the shower. If this is not possible, make sure to leave the bathroom door and the shower door or curtain open after the shower in order to get rid of the humidity.
- Bath products. Using a soap bar leaves a lot of soap scum. If possible, switch to a liquid product.
- Use a squeegee. Keeping the walls and glass doors dry prevents mildew and limescale, and the easy way to achieve this is to use a squeegee after each shower.
- Daily Cleaning. You can use a commercial daily cleaning spray after each shower. These sprays do not require any scrubbing or rinsing. Simply spray the walls and the glass doors and that’s it.
- Shower curtain. Plastic shower curtains decrease the air quality in your bathroom and are more difficult to clean. Curtain liners made of a fabric material can be washed in a washing machine, and are more friendly for the environment.
- Sealing tile grout. Grout sealer is available at home improvement stores, and it is recommended to seal the grout at least twice a year. This will extend its life, prevent staining, and make it much easier to clean.
- Cleaning the grout. Grout should be cleaned at least once a month, or as needed. You can use a vinegar solution, but do not use bleach. Using bleach can be counterproductive as it can make the grout more susceptible to staining and mildew.
Where can I book a dependable house cleaning service in Fitler Square, Philly?
If you want to forget all about scrubbing your kitchen sink or dealing with mops and pads, then EverGreen Maids is the company you’re looking for. With our professional crew of well-trained, bonded, and insured cleaning technicians, we have the resources to provide quality service to our clients. We have years of experience in the cleaning business and we guarantee high-level customer satisfaction. As you enjoy all that Philly has to offer, we will take care of the cleaning so you can finally rest and relax. Reach out to us!