Great organization is the first step to having a well-kept house you’re proud of. A simple and easy-to-follow cleaning checklist will help you accomplish your cleaning duties without anything slipping through the cracks. Continue reading to discover how to make the best cleaning schedule for your specific needs and requirements.
If you’d rather get professional house cleaning for your residence in Center City Philadelphia, you can reach out to expert cleaning services, as well.
What is a good house cleaning routine?
Thorough cleaning is one of the principles of a healthy home. You’ll manage your cleaning duties more easily if you create a comprehensive cleaning schedule. Here are a few things to bear in mind when you’re designing your housework checklist:
These are the primary quick and simple tasks which need doing every day:
- Washing dishes or loading the dishwasher
- Wiping kitchen counters and sink
- Making the beds
- Doing laundry
- Putting away clutter
Certain tasks should be on schedule once a week, which doesn’t mean that you should do all of them in one go. Rather than dedicating one whole day a week to cleaning and getting absolutely exhausted, do a task a day:
- Clean the toilet
- Clean the shower or bathtub
- Dust surfaces
- Vacuum the floors and upholstery
- Mop the floors
- Clean the stovetop and microwave
Every few months
It’s enough to clean certain areas of your home seasonally, once or twice a year. These are the duties like:
- Clearing out your wardrobe and sorting out the clothes
- Clearing out your drawers and other storage space, sorting out and purging as able
- Cleaning windows
- Cleaning behind appliances and heavy furniture
- Cleaning walls
- Clearing out your basement and garage
- Cleaning inside the oven, fridge and freezer
How do you stick to a cleaning schedule?
Even when they do create a cleaning checklist, most people have difficulty following it and getting motivation to clean when they are supposed to. Here are a few ideas to help you stay motivated and check all the items off your list:
- Get help: Knowing how to divide housework between family members and how to teach children to clean the house can be immensely helpful. Things get done faster if everyone chips in.
- Use your calendar: Set reminders on your phone or put notes up somewhere where you’re guaranteed to see them. Spring to action as soon as you hear the alarm.
- Group similar duties together: Some tasks go together naturally, like cleaning the countertops, stovetop, and the kitchen sink. Finish them all while you’re at it.
- Have fun: Make the cleaning more enjoyable by playing some upbeat tunes or a thought-provoking podcast in the background. Reward yourself after a job well done, too!
- Cut yourself some slack: Nothing is perfect, so don’t hold yourself up to impossible standards. If you skip a day in your routine, go on as usual without beating yourself up about it.
Where can I get great house cleaning in Center City Philadelphia?
Would you like high quality cleaning without spending your time and energy? Reach out to EverGreen Maids, a dependable cleaning service with a great track record. You can depend on our tried and tested house cleaning methods across Philadelphia.
Our insured and trained cleaning experts will perform extensive cleaning while you’re relaxing in Penn Treaty Park. We’re equipped with efficient, eco-friendly cleaning products. Contact us today to receive a quote. If you have any specific needs and preferences, feel free to let us know. We’ll do our best to meet your demands and put a smile on your face!