You may not be aware of this, but indoor air can be even four or five times more polluted than outdoor air. There are a lot of different toxins lurking in our homes and can be found in a wide range of everyday items, such as your furniture, cleaning supplies, and laundry detergents.
The first step to fighting toxins in your home is hiring trustworthy Philadelphia house cleaning professionals who will use approved cleaning products and sanitize your home top to bottom, leaving no stone unturned. Thanks to their in-depth approach, you’ll be able to enjoy better indoor air quality and live in a much safer and healthier environment.
Let’s learn more about the most common household toxins and how to eliminate them with success:
What is the most toxic thing in your house?
While you might not be exposed to high toxicity levels in your home, there are still a lot of dangerous toxins that you should be aware of, especially since they are present in many items that you use daily. To avoid prolonged exposure to harmful chemicals that can cause severe health issues, keep reading to discover what the most toxic things in your house are:
- -Stain-resistant carpets: You might love them for their stain-resistant quality, but you should know that such carpets are often treated with extremely harmful chemicals, including PFOA and Teflon. Their presence has been linked to thyroid disease and other serious health conditions.
- -Sofas: Despite numerous regulations introduced over the years, you can still come across many furniture pieces that contain dangerous toxins and industrial flame retardant chemicals that can easily spread around the place and even be released into the air.
- -Cleaning products: One more reason why it is better to let professionals take care of your cleaning is that they know what products are effective, yet safe to use. When shopping for your all-purpose cleaner, you should always read the label carefully to check if the product contains any toxins and harmful chemicals, such as ammonia, trisodium phosphate, sodium hypochlorite, etc.
- -Laundry detergents: They might smell amazing, but don’t let that deceive you to believe that they are harmless. On the contrary, fragrance in it is one of the most common skin irritants that can even lead to persistent skin rashes and respiratory issues.
- -Candles: The flickering light of candles can really enhance the ambiance, but it can also cost you your wellbeing. Being mostly made from paraffin wax, when burned, candles release toxins that you definitely don’t want to have in your home.
How do you remove toxins from your home?
While removing toxins from your household for good is impossible, there are some ways to minimize your exposure to them and decrease their presence in your house, including:
- -Buying organic products and clothes
- -Keeping your windows open as much as possible
- -Using EPA-certified cleaning products
- -Having your home regularly cleaned by experienced cleaning professionals
- -Introducing a lot of greenery
- -Checking the label when buying any cosmetics, air fresheners, etc.
What is the best house cleaning company in Philadelphia & beyond?
If you’re searching for skilled and experienced cleaners in Society Hill, Pennsport, or any of the surrounding neighborhoods, EverGreen Maids should be your top choice. Our seasoned team of cleaners consists of trained individuals who have many years of experience in this field and are always ready to bring their A-game and deliver first-rate results.
To learn more about the services we offer, you can give us a call or visit our website and get your free cleaning estimate with just a few clicks. Whatever your cleaning needs are, rest assured that our team will take care of them with precision and care.